Ex-tour winner Wiggins raises abuse compensation against youth coaches

The former tour DE-France winner Bradley Wiggins raised abuse compulsions against a youth coach. He was sexually harassed at the age of 13 by a coach, explained Wiggins in an interview with Men's Health UK: "It strongly influenced me as an adult... I buried it."

He also suffered strongly under the behavior of his stepfather, So Wiggins, who had won the France tour in 2012 as the first Briton. "He was very violent to me, called me 'bodies' because I wore wheel clothing," Wiggins said. He therefore did not talk to his stepfather about the abuse of his coach.

As a teenager, he had been "a loner", so the 41-year-old, "I just wanted to get away from this environment. I looked at me. I was in many ways a strange teenager."

The British Cycling Association secured Wiggins's full support. "We are deeply worried about the incident addressed by Sir Bradley Wiggins. Our employees have contacted him today to offer him our full support," the association announced on Tuesday.

Articles and videos about the topic

Highlights from the DP World Tour Championship 2017 * Netflix films the Tour de France * Top sport live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.

Wiggins also celebrated numerous successes next to his tour triumph. Between 2004 and 2016, he won five Olympic gold medals.

Comments

Popular Posts